AUTHOR: Hannah Moskowitz
PUBLISHER: Independently published
by Hannah Moskowitz
Zack Ramos is training for two things: being a parent to his twelve-year-old sister once his mother’s early-onset Alzheimer’s (the same kind he and his sister each have a 50% chance of developing–but let’s not think about that) progresses too far, and running a one hundred mile race through the mountains of Tennessee. His support system is longtime girlfriend Jordan Jonas, who’s sweet, sarcastic, and entirely virtual. They’ve been talking for years but still have never met in person. Because Jordan, it turns out, was still waiting for the right time to tell him that she’s Deaf.
The revelation brings them closer together, and Zack throws himself into learning sign language and trying to navigate their way through their different cultures. But with the stress of a tumultuous relationship, a new language, a sick mother, and his uncertain future, there’s going to be a breaking point…and it might be out there in the Tennessee wild.
From the author of critically-acclaimed books like TEETH, BREAK, and A HISTORY OF GLITTER AND BLOOD comes a story about what happens when love takes you off the beaten track…way, way off.
Two main characters (Zack and Jordan) identify as bisexual on-page.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction and Acknowledgements
- Chapter 1: Am I Bi?
- Chapter 2: What If I Have a Preference?
- Chapter 3: Does Bisexuality Reinforce the Gender Binary?
- Chapter 4: When Should I Come Out?
- Chapter 5: What’s Dating Like for Bi People?
- Chapter 6: How Long Has Bisexuality Been Around?
- Chapter 7: What is Biphobia?
- Chapter 8: What is Bi Erasure?
- Chapter 9: What Issues Do Bi People Face?
- Chapter 10: What’s the Bi Community Like and How Do I Find It?
- Resources That Informed the Text