AUTHOR: Serena Anderlini-D’Onofrio
Eros: A Journey of Multiple Loves
by Serena Anderlini-D’Onofrio
Eros: A Journey of Multiple Loves is a poignant memoir that explores the evolution of erotic love through the international and transcultural journeys of an extraordinary woman. This captivating book chronicles the life of polyamorous advocate and postmodern nomad Serena Anderlini-D’Onofrio, whose skillful prose takes readers along the bold twists and turns of her life, and her irreverent critiques of society, education, and sexuality.
In Eros, Anderlini-D’Onofrio describes her formative years in the politically charged Italy of the 1960s and 1970 as well as her development as an independent woman and single mother in America. From her educational beginnings to her love of nudity and freedom from bodily inhibitions, the author reveals her innermost thoughts and shares the wisdom life has blessed her with. She candidly narrates both her journey over the treacherous path from graduate student to educator in California, and from a straight and monogamous young adulthood to an alternative and fulfilling lifestyle.
An extraordinary read for those who want to expand their horizons, Eros is an engaging and honest testimony of a passage into unconventional realms of growth, self-discovery, the erotic, and the many possibilities for love. Follow the emergence of this exceptional woman who’s made a career of defying convention for the sake of integrity–a woman well worth getting to know!
Author Serena Anderlini-D’Onofrio identifies as bisexual and polyamorous.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction and Acknowledgements
- Chapter 1: Am I Bi?
- Chapter 2: What If I Have a Preference?
- Chapter 3: Does Bisexuality Reinforce the Gender Binary?
- Chapter 4: When Should I Come Out?
- Chapter 5: What’s Dating Like for Bi People?
- Chapter 6: How Long Has Bisexuality Been Around?
- Chapter 7: What is Biphobia?
- Chapter 8: What is Bi Erasure?
- Chapter 9: What Issues Do Bi People Face?
- Chapter 10: What’s the Bi Community Like and How Do I Find It?
- Resources That Informed the Text