Bisexuality and Same-Sex Marriage
Bi: Notes for a Bisexual Revolution
Life Isn’t Binary: On Being Both, Beyond, and In-Between book
In our society, the argument for or against same-sex marriage becomes even more heated when the debate turns to bisexual women and men. Bisexuality and Same-Sex Marriage thoughtfully explores this debate from a wide range of interdisciplinary perspectives, presenting respected scholars from fields as diverse as American Studies, Communication, Criminology, Human and Organizational Systems, Law and Social Policy, LGBT Studies, Organizational Behavior, Psychology, Sociology, Women’s Studies, and Queer Studies. This clear-viewed volume is organized into three perspectives–theoretical, research, and personal–that frame the debate from a macro to micro level of analysis.
This book goes beyond the intense acrimony and divisiveness to rationally examine the issue from various viewpoints and through the latest research. This informative text presents and analyzes in depth the current findings and the diverse LGBT and straight perspectives on the issue. This insightful resource discusses in detail personal views, the latest theories, and is extensively referenced. Bisexuality and Same-Sex Marriage is an essential volume for LGBT studies professionals, psychologists, counselors, educators, students, and interested general public.
This book was published as a special issue of the Journal of Bisexuality.
Table of Contents
About the Contributors
THEORETICAL PERSPECTIVES: FRAMING BISEXUALITY IN THE SAME-SEX DEBATE
2. Supremacy by Law: The One Man One Woman Marriage Requirement and Anti-miscegenation Law by Jacqueline Battalora
3. The Dyadic Imaginary: Troubling the Perception of Love as Dyadic by danielle Antoinette Hidalgo, Kristen, Barber, and Erica Hunter
4. On the Potential and Perils of Same-Sex Marriage: A Perspective from Queer Theory by Ajnesh Prasad
RESEARCH PERSPECTIVES: ATTITUDES TOWARD BISEXUALITY AND SAME-SEX MARRIAGE
5. Bias Toward Bisexual Women and Men in Marriage-Matching Task by Angela L. Breno and M. Paz Galupo
6. “This is Not a Lesbian Wedding”: Examining Same-Sex Marriage and Bisexual-Lesbian Couples by Pamela J. Lannutti
7. Make Love, Not Law: Perceptions of the Marriage Equality Struggle Among Polyamorous Activists by Hadar Aviram
8. Bisexual Attitudes Toward Same-Sex Marriage by M. Paz Galupo and Marcia L. Pearl
BISEXUAL PERSPECTIVES ON SAME-SEX MARRIAGE
9. Bisexuals are Bad for the Same-Sex Marriage Advocacy by Hameed (Herukhuti) S. Williams
10. A Bisex-Queer Critique of Same-Sex Marriage Advocacy by Hameed (Herukhuti) S. Williams
11. Dancing with My Grandma: Talking with Robyn Ochs About Complex Identities and Simple Messages in the Marriage Equality Movement by Laurie J. Kendall
Ex-library paperback, clean & laminated cover. Purchased used by the library.