AUTHOR: Sara Benincasa
PUBLISHER: William Morrow
Thanks to an anonymous friend of the library for donating a copy of Agorafabulous! to the Bi Pan Library collection.
Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom
by Sara Benincasa
In Boston, a college student fears leaving her own room—even to use the toilet. In Pennsylvania, a meek personal assistant finally confronts a perpetually enraged gay spiritual guru. In Texas, a rookie high school teacher deals with her male student’s unusually, er, hard personal problem. Sara Benincasa has been that terrified student, that embattled employee, that confused teacher—and so much more. Her hilarious memoir chronicles her attempts to forge a wonderfully weird adulthood in the midst of her lifelong struggle with agoraphobia, depression, and unruly hair.
Author Sara Benincasa identifies as bisexual.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Thing Before the Rest of the Thing
- Chapter One – In Simplest Terms and Most Convenient Definitions
- Chapter Two – Sicily on Five Freakouts a Day
- Chapter Three – Bowls of Pee
- Chapter Four – Hairapy
- Chapter Five – My Hero, My Cuisinart
- Chapter Six – Om Mani Padme Fuck You
- Chapter Seven – Best Little Psych Ward in Carolina
- Chapter Eight – Billy Has a Boner
- Chapter Nine – Maybe, Baby”
- Chapter Ten – Funny Business
- Chapter Eleven – The Only Living Girl in New York
- The Thing at the End of the Thing
“I subscribe to the notion that if you can laugh at the shittiest moments in your life, you can transcend them.”
― Sara Benincasa, Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom